Love Metal Slug? You Will Love Apocalypse Max
If you like Metal Slug then you probably like this game — Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead. It was designed and developed by Sourcebits, a Sequoia backed startup based in Bangalore, India. The game is divided into different stages, just like Metal Slug. But the fun part is that you can buy your own weapons to improve your firepower just so to kill zombies faster. Some gamers might also find Apocalypse Max somewhat like Left 4 Dead but rather a 2D version.
In Apocalypse Max, you go around hunting for zombies with the goal of reaching the end of each level (like Metal Slug!). Weapons are the usual, gun and grenades. But I particularly like to slash zombies using my sword though, particularly jumping and slashing. It makes zombie killing all the more fun!
The game graphics, which the startup says its hand-drawn, are pretty nice but not awesome. But then again, we can’t be expecting too much from 2D, can we? The sound and music is great though, especially with headphones on.
After four days from its launch, Apocalypse Max has been downloaded 6,000 times. The game costs $2.99 and I would recommend you to go for it if you’re looking for relaxing weekend of zombie killing on your iPhone/iPad!
DOTA 2 update: Why the LAN feature is something worth being excited about... September 20, 2013 | Xairylle
Sexism in Asia is the real reason IeSF decided on gender-separate tournaments... July 4, 2014 | Mary-Anne Lee
The Last of Us Remastered delayed till the first week of August in India, maybe ... July 28, 2014 | Rishi Alwani
This Japanese love simulator game is a messaging app for people with no friends... September 13, 2013 | Steven Millward
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- yzeng on Why aren’t Chinese games popular abroad?
- Krirkkiat on Gamerfunder brings the stock market to Dota 2
- Daniel Yankin on What Twitch’s $970 million acquisition by Amazon could mean for Asia
- Gamerfunder: the first Dota 2 stock market on Strife open beta available now globally (and you’ll never guess the new feature it includes)
- Renz Villanera on No Netflix, no problem. Xbox One will have Starhub TV streaming app in Singapore
- Renz Villanera on Two lucky World of Tanks players will be sent to PAX Australia
- Cricket Match review: Tiny Mogul made Candy Crush for cricket fans on 5 reasons why Line’s Disney Tsum Tsum is going to consume your life
- Two lucky World of Tanks players will be sent to PAX Australia on Razer adds Kraken Pro headset to its World of Tanks product line
- JL on Discussion: what’s your favorite RPG?
- Cricket Match review: Tiny Mogul made Candy Crush for cricket fans on Juice Cubes: a well-made Candy Crush clone