Love Metal Slug? You Will Love Apocalypse Max
If you like Metal Slug then you probably like this game — Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead. It was designed and developed by Sourcebits, a Sequoia backed startup based in Bangalore, India. The game is divided into different stages, just like Metal Slug. But the fun part is that you can buy your own weapons to improve your firepower just so to kill zombies faster. Some gamers might also find Apocalypse Max somewhat like Left 4 Dead but rather a 2D version.
In Apocalypse Max, you go around hunting for zombies with the goal of reaching the end of each level (like Metal Slug!). Weapons are the usual, gun and grenades. But I particularly like to slash zombies using my sword though, particularly jumping and slashing. It makes zombie killing all the more fun!
The game graphics, which the startup says its hand-drawn, are pretty nice but not awesome. But then again, we can’t be expecting too much from 2D, can we? The sound and music is great though, especially with headphones on.
After four days from its launch, Apocalypse Max has been downloaded 6,000 times. The game costs $2.99 and I would recommend you to go for it if you’re looking for relaxing weekend of zombie killing on your iPhone/iPad!
The best of Asian mobile gaming: September 5 to September 12... September 13, 2014 | Rishi Alwani
Like Fifa and Asphalt? In India there’s a gaming tournament for that. On t... July 10, 2014 | Rishi Alwani
Robots Versus Monsters: Indian Studio Builds A Game For ‘Pacific Rim’ Fans... July 15, 2013 | Enricko Lukman
Chinese Web Gaming Companies See High-Level Execs Quitting... January 4, 2012 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- LOL PINOY on Butthurt #PinoyPride is what should be banned from Dota 2
- sebastian on Destiny review: fabulously flawed
- Anonymous on The top 10 hottest PC games in China (September 2014)
- F444 on Level 5 on another level in Japan, leads summer software sales.
- Destiny review: fabulously flawed on 5 reasons why you shouldn’t play Destiny at launch
- League of Legends PUB STAR | Geek Ireland on Japan, Korea, and China face off in a new League of Legends Asian sub-league this December
- Destiny review: fabulously flawed on Destiny day one impressions: some good, some bad, some ugly
- Alex on MOBA mashup: who would win, LoL’s Ashe or Dota 2′s Drow Ranger?
- Kuroneko on Steam finally adds the Philippine Peso to supported currencies
- Jayson on Sony pre-TGS conference: how Playstation will win the heart of Asia