Love Metal Slug? You Will Love Apocalypse Max
If you like Metal Slug then you probably like this game — Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead. It was designed and developed by Sourcebits, a Sequoia backed startup based in Bangalore, India. The game is divided into different stages, just like Metal Slug. But the fun part is that you can buy your own weapons to improve your firepower just so to kill zombies faster. Some gamers might also find Apocalypse Max somewhat like Left 4 Dead but rather a 2D version.
In Apocalypse Max, you go around hunting for zombies with the goal of reaching the end of each level (like Metal Slug!). Weapons are the usual, gun and grenades. But I particularly like to slash zombies using my sword though, particularly jumping and slashing. It makes zombie killing all the more fun!
The game graphics, which the startup says its hand-drawn, are pretty nice but not awesome. But then again, we can’t be expecting too much from 2D, can we? The sound and music is great though, especially with headphones on.
After four days from its launch, Apocalypse Max has been downloaded 6,000 times. The game costs $2.99 and I would recommend you to go for it if you’re looking for relaxing weekend of zombie killing on your iPhone/iPad!
Shanda Games President Resigns, Goes Back to the Startup Life... February 17, 2012 | Steven Millward
Xbox One games are available for pre-order in India, but the Xbox One is not... July 1, 2014 | Rishi Alwani
Making a Play for Game Developers, Guohe Launches New Mobile Gaming Ad Platform... August 17, 2012 | Steven Millward
Wanna Play a Classic Beat ’Em Up Game? Indonesian Studio Brings You ‘KungFu ... August 2, 2013 | Dewi Yuliani
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- How Blizzard is taking Hearthstone forward, starting with Curse of Naxxramas on China’s WoW characters could fill Shanghai seven times, and other crazy stats (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Dream Tree on Korean Dota 2 teams are weak and only have high APM, says China
- Jim King on World eSports Championship Games 2014 announces first games for its lineup
- Jim King on Dota 2 team CIS and Black parts ways, no replacement announced
- Robert on It’s official: the Xbox One will cost $600 in China
July 31, 2014
July 30, 2014