Love Metal Slug? You Will Love Apocalypse Max
If you like Metal Slug then you probably like this game — Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead. It was designed and developed by Sourcebits, a Sequoia backed startup based in Bangalore, India. The game is divided into different stages, just like Metal Slug. But the fun part is that you can buy your own weapons to improve your firepower just so to kill zombies faster. Some gamers might also find Apocalypse Max somewhat like Left 4 Dead but rather a 2D version.
In Apocalypse Max, you go around hunting for zombies with the goal of reaching the end of each level (like Metal Slug!). Weapons are the usual, gun and grenades. But I particularly like to slash zombies using my sword though, particularly jumping and slashing. It makes zombie killing all the more fun!
The game graphics, which the startup says its hand-drawn, are pretty nice but not awesome. But then again, we can’t be expecting too much from 2D, can we? The sound and music is great though, especially with headphones on.
After four days from its launch, Apocalypse Max has been downloaded 6,000 times. The game costs $2.99 and I would recommend you to go for it if you’re looking for relaxing weekend of zombie killing on your iPhone/iPad!
Mandarin Madness Game-ifies the Learning of Chinese Characters... January 26, 2012 | Steven Millward
6 Hot Startups From China’s Spiciest Province... September 5, 2012 | Steven Millward
‘It’s harder to make an original casual game than to make a hardcore game’... July 2, 2014 | Rishi Alwani
The best of Asian mobile gaming: August 1 to August 8... August 8, 2014 | Mary-Anne Lee
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- I-league LAN finals won't clash with WEC, Newbee might replace DK on China’s new World E-Sport Championships will feature a massive $800k prize pool
- Fortumo on how to monetize in emerging markets like India on Cherry Mobile Pinoy Appshop, home of 100 percent Pinoy-made games
- Fortumo on how to monetize in emerging markets like India on Mobile game revenue in Asia is almost two and a half times of that of America (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Fggii on The post-TI4 Chinese Dota 2 shuffle: here are the rosters for iG, VG, Newbee, and LGD—DK looking for new players
- Manong Bangi L on Would you like a Techies arcana cosmetic, announcer pack, and HUD skin?
- 4 ways China’s Netease Allstars MOBA wants to break traditions on Strife has a plan to beat LoL and Dota 2—and it might just work
- Lourence Jacaba on DDOS cheating tools hurting China’s League of Legends servers
- Zoi on Singapore and Malaysia Kingdom Under Fire II server will enter closed beta in May
- Qihoo 360 and Goodgames studios announce partnership on Clash of Clans is a big hit in China despite an in-app payment disaster
- Mushi’s G-1 challenge: is this going to be his next team? on The post-TI4 Chinese Dota 2 shuffle: here are the rosters for iG, VG, Newbee, and LGD—DK looking for new players