Japan’s DeNA Seeks Expert Advice, Puts MIT’s Joi Ito on New Advisory Board
Japanese web and social gaming company DeNA (TYO:2432) has created its first advisory board to seek expert advice from industry luminaries on “the company’s mid- to long-term growth.” The entrepreneur and venture capitalist Joi Ito – also director of the MIT Media Lab – is perhaps the best known of the four members of this new board.
The crack quadrumvirate – three Japanese and one American – will meet twice a year. The full line-up is:
- Rehito Hatoyama, director, Sanrio Company, Ltd.
- Nobuyuki Idei, founder and CEO, Quantum Leaps Corporation
- Joichi Ito (pictured), director, MIT Media Lab
- Craig Sherman, managing director, Meritech Capital Partners
And so DeNA has been diversifying somewhat, launching a social music service in Japan a few months ago. Plus it has the messaging app Comm, which is a relatively late arrival to the battle against Line and Whatsapp.
DeNA is also very active in the US, China, and South Korea.
(Photo: CC/Roger Barnett)
Gangnam Style is Now an iPhone Game January 7, 2013 | Rick Martin
MOL Global Invests in Ocash, Launches in Australia and New Zealand... July 18, 2012 | Vanessa Tan
Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost gets new playable characters... March 6, 2014 | Christopher Allison
SEA Major 2014 is Asia’s biggest, most exciting fighting game tournament. ... June 12, 2014 | Mary-Anne Lee
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- In India, pre-ordering Evolve gets you misleadingly named DLC on Far Cry 4 pre-orders announced for India, freebies exclusive to Games The Shop for now
- In India, pre-ordering Evolve gets you misleadingly named DLC on Assassin’s Creed Unity pre-order scheme announced for India
- Satish Awale on Dota 2 team CIS and Black parts ways, no replacement announced
- Hero on Dota 2 team CIS and Black parts ways, no replacement announced
- Alvin Comer on Dota 2 team CIS and Black parts ways, no replacement announced
July 29, 2014