Japan’s DeNA Seeks Expert Advice, Puts MIT’s Joi Ito on New Advisory Board
Japanese web and social gaming company DeNA (TYO:2432) has created its first advisory board to seek expert advice from industry luminaries on “the company’s mid- to long-term growth.” The entrepreneur and venture capitalist Joi Ito – also director of the MIT Media Lab – is perhaps the best known of the four members of this new board.
The crack quadrumvirate – three Japanese and one American – will meet twice a year. The full line-up is:
- Rehito Hatoyama, director, Sanrio Company, Ltd.
- Nobuyuki Idei, founder and CEO, Quantum Leaps Corporation
- Joichi Ito (pictured), director, MIT Media Lab
- Craig Sherman, managing director, Meritech Capital Partners
And so DeNA has been diversifying somewhat, launching a social music service in Japan a few months ago. Plus it has the messaging app Comm, which is a relatively late arrival to the battle against Line and Whatsapp.
DeNA is also very active in the US, China, and South Korea.
(Photo: CC/Roger Barnett)
CMGE and Disney Partner Up to Bring Temple Run and Where’s My Water to Chinese... November 13, 2012 | Enricko Lukman
GREE Scores FIFA Social Mobile Game for Japan... November 15, 2011 | Rick Martin
Chinese WoW Player Sleeps With Guild Members “For the Alliance”... February 2, 2013 | C. Custer
Duowan Acquires 3D Gaming Platform Startup... April 23, 2012 | Steven Millward
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Jayson on Discussion: what’s the worst thing gaming has ever done to you?
- Eric Amores on New Assassin’s Creed games, developed in Singapore, will reach Asia only on Nov 13
- Wresra on Discussion: what’s the worst thing gaming has ever done to you?
- Skylar on Discussion: what’s the worst thing gaming has ever done to you?
- ﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞ on Hands-on with Strife’s first single-player episode, “Child of the Dawn”
- Mikee on 7 kinds of players on the Dota 2 SEA server
- Christian Vibar on Here are the Pinoy Dota 2 team line-ups that you need to know about
- Rodz Albano Jr on Hands-on with Strife’s first single-player episode, “Child of the Dawn”
- Martin Ng on Strife has a plan to beat LoL and Dota 2—and it might just work
- Allan Joy Padilla on New Assassin’s Creed games, developed in Singapore, will reach Asia only on Nov 13