Japan’s DeNA Seeks Expert Advice, Puts MIT’s Joi Ito on New Advisory Board
Japanese web and social gaming company DeNA (TYO:2432) has created its first advisory board to seek expert advice from industry luminaries on “the company’s mid- to long-term growth.” The entrepreneur and venture capitalist Joi Ito – also director of the MIT Media Lab – is perhaps the best known of the four members of this new board.
The crack quadrumvirate – three Japanese and one American – will meet twice a year. The full line-up is:
- Rehito Hatoyama, director, Sanrio Company, Ltd.
- Nobuyuki Idei, founder and CEO, Quantum Leaps Corporation
- Joichi Ito (pictured), director, MIT Media Lab
- Craig Sherman, managing director, Meritech Capital Partners
And so DeNA has been diversifying somewhat, launching a social music service in Japan a few months ago. Plus it has the messaging app Comm, which is a relatively late arrival to the battle against Line and Whatsapp.
DeNA is also very active in the US, China, and South Korea.
(Photo: CC/Roger Barnett)
4 Ways that People in the Philippines React to Professional Gaming... July 24, 2013 | Xairylle
How would you like some Metal Gear Solid V apparel by Konami, Puma, and Seiko?... February 21, 2014 | Xairylle
DeNA and Daum Target 10 Million Game Subscribers by End of 2012... November 30, 2011 | Rick Martin
Allods Online Launches in China Tomorrow, Some Lucky Gamers to Win Free Intertub... August 29, 2012 | Steven Millward
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Official game for Disney’s Big Hero 6 is another match-3 puzzle RPG | Horizon Asia on How we think Gree’s Batman & the Flash: Hero Run hit 2 million downloads in 20 days
- 8 indie horror games from around Asia to help you spend Halloween alone and afraid | Horizon Asia on Tokyo Game Show proved developers are taking horror seriously again
- 8 indie horror games from around Asia to help you spend Halloween alone and afraid | Horizon Asia on DreadOut review: I’m terrified of Indonesia now
- Zombie beat ‘em up Devil’s Dare gets Halloween update | Horizon Asia on Here are some alarming facts that suggest Kickstarter game campaigns are running out of steam
- Gaming events in Asia are always more for the fans | Horizon Asia on Pokemon X & Y launch draws hundreds in Singapore (PICS)
- Indie game dev is tough whether you’re funded or not | Horizon Asia on Velocibox review: are you hardcore enough to take on this endless runner?
- 7 Tipos de Solo Mid (ruins) que você encontrará em Dota 2 | Midiálogo on 7 kinds of solo mid players you will encounter as a teammate in Dota 2
- The Secret to Successful eSports: Community - TechRaptor on The rise and fall of Mark Kern: how one man may have doomed Firefall and The9 (UPDATED)
- From Singapore to Taiwan, Gamevil is trying to lock down East Asia with another new branch | Horizon Asia on Gamevil expands its reach in Southeast Asia with new branch office
- Freedom Wars is more than just a game, and this helps players relate to it | Horizon Asia on Take down space T-Rexes in the upcoming Phantasy Star Nova hunting game