Japan’s DeNA Seeks Expert Advice, Puts MIT’s Joi Ito on New Advisory Board
Japanese web and social gaming company DeNA (TYO:2432) has created its first advisory board to seek expert advice from industry luminaries on “the company’s mid- to long-term growth.” The entrepreneur and venture capitalist Joi Ito – also director of the MIT Media Lab – is perhaps the best known of the four members of this new board.
The crack quadrumvirate – three Japanese and one American – will meet twice a year. The full line-up is:
- Rehito Hatoyama, director, Sanrio Company, Ltd.
- Nobuyuki Idei, founder and CEO, Quantum Leaps Corporation
- Joichi Ito (pictured), director, MIT Media Lab
- Craig Sherman, managing director, Meritech Capital Partners
And so DeNA has been diversifying somewhat, launching a social music service in Japan a few months ago. Plus it has the messaging app Comm, which is a relatively late arrival to the battle against Line and Whatsapp.
DeNA is also very active in the US, China, and South Korea.
(Photo: CC/Roger Barnett)
Marvel’s War of Heroes Coming Soon, Exclusively on DeNA’s Mobage... August 7, 2012 | Willis Wee
What’s big in Japan: sales are in a slump?... March 20, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Toilet Time Is Not So Boring With ‘Fun Toilet Games: Panda Adventures’... August 6, 2013 | Dewi Yuliani
DeNA Posts $532 Million Revenue In Newest Quarterly Report... August 8, 2013 | Anh-Minh Do
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- St. Games’ fire: how these two 31-year-olds turned console gaming into an events startup | Horizon Asia on Qisahn.com: the story behind this Singapore video game shop
- Gamestart Asia convention wants to kickstart Southeast Asia’s gaming industry | Horizon Asia on Which is the top spending Asian country on games for 2014? (Oct 2014)
- Word Shift: Spelling Bee Game Apk v2.5.5 Free Download - WooAPK on The best of Asian mobile gaming: July 11 to July 18
- Ustanak (21. oktobar – crtica) | Beograd202 on Invest in smart TV games, eSports, and robotics for the future, says Kongzhong founder Nick Yang
- Why you (yes, you) should care about eSports right now | Horizon Asia on Retired Chinese LOL pro Misaya is making a fortune online
- Factors Driving Our $3.67 Price Estimate Of Renren | on China’s game market took in $13 billion in 2013, PC games generate way more than mobile
- 320,000 people just watched an esports star get married - buzzcarl on The top 8 moments from Dota 2’s The International 2014
- House of Heroes - Card Game Yang Meniru Karakter DoTA on Garena publishes its first English-language mobile game, and rips off Blizzard
- Razer reportedly closed a funding round from Intel that values the company at $1 billion | Horizon Asia on For the first time, Razer is relying on anime girl mascots to sell products. Here’s why.
- Garena’s House of Heroes mobile game rips off Blizzard on Asiasoft’s new English mobile game rips off Blizzard IP