Free-to-play PS Vita exclusive Destiny of Spirits is now available
Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong’s Singapore branch is releasing a free-to-play game for the Playstation Vita (PS Vita) today titled Destiny of Spirits.
This social location-based strategy game is a Vita-exclusive, and its primary aim is for players to unlock areas in the game by working together. It’s a good idea to start coercing your Vita-wielding friends into playing now, because the more friends you have online, the more strategies you’ll be able to use in battle. You’ll also be able to trade spirits with other players, for use in battle.
The location bit of Destiny of Spirits, on the other hand, depends on where you are in the world. There will be spirits unique to certain areas in the real world, and players will have to trade with each other to obtain spirits that aren’t available in their immediate vicinities. This is actually kind of cool!
Additionally, there’s going to be a Destiny Engine in the game that gives each player different levels of luck and fortune each day depending on their date of birth. Even cooler!
The Asia launch of Destiny of Spirits is accompanied by a free Destiny of Spirits: Asia PS Vita wallpaper that comes with each game download between March 20 to April 2, 2014. There will also be a special voucher code given out on the Playstation Asia Facebook page between March 20 to March 26, 2014. It will let players redeem 35 free Orbs per Playstation Network account. Playstation Plus members will be entitled to an extra free 35 Orbs on the Playstation store.
We’re going to try the game before judging further, so remember to check back in next week if you’re curious about this free-to-play, PS Vita exclusive.
Destiny of Spirits will come in English, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese.
Agate Studio Launches Bubble Puzzle Game Blob Blob Battle... April 24, 2012 | Joshua Kevin
Why finding copies of Sony games is slowly becoming impossible in India... June 20, 2014 | Rishi Alwani
Japan’s DeNA Acquires Gaming Studio in Vietnam... September 12, 2011 | Rick Martin
What’s Big in Japan February 3-9: apparently cute characters... February 13, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game | mGO on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game SkyGarden Mobile on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- sue on 17 famous games you didn’t know were made (or partially made) in Singapore (UPDATED!)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft portado a Android por un fan vietnamita | Android adictos (abreviado) .com on One Vietnamese gamer has brought Hearthstone to Android
- Will Razer Adaro Girls mascots succeed in promoting the Adaro headphone line? on Razer CEO reveals secret to his company’s success: hyper-focus
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game Gowin Online on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- DirexPlay Lab's Sok & Sao's Adventure shows how local culture works in a game on Your local culture is awesome, but it doesn’t need to be in every game.
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game vFarm on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game iWin on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game MyFish - Thiên Đường Cá on 8 ways video games are good for your health