Free-to-play PS Vita exclusive Destiny of Spirits is now available
Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong’s Singapore branch is releasing a free-to-play game for the Playstation Vita (PS Vita) today titled Destiny of Spirits.
This social location-based strategy game is a Vita-exclusive, and its primary aim is for players to unlock areas in the game by working together. It’s a good idea to start coercing your Vita-wielding friends into playing now, because the more friends you have online, the more strategies you’ll be able to use in battle. You’ll also be able to trade spirits with other players, for use in battle.
The location bit of Destiny of Spirits, on the other hand, depends on where you are in the world. There will be spirits unique to certain areas in the real world, and players will have to trade with each other to obtain spirits that aren’t available in their immediate vicinities. This is actually kind of cool!
Additionally, there’s going to be a Destiny Engine in the game that gives each player different levels of luck and fortune each day depending on their date of birth. Even cooler!
The Asia launch of Destiny of Spirits is accompanied by a free Destiny of Spirits: Asia PS Vita wallpaper that comes with each game download between March 20 to April 2, 2014. There will also be a special voucher code given out on the Playstation Asia Facebook page between March 20 to March 26, 2014. It will let players redeem 35 free Orbs per Playstation Network account. Playstation Plus members will be entitled to an extra free 35 Orbs on the Playstation store.
We’re going to try the game before judging further, so remember to check back in next week if you’re curious about this free-to-play, PS Vita exclusive.
Destiny of Spirits will come in English, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese.
China’s New TV Ban: No Web Game or Novel Adaptation, No Remakes of Foreign... August 3, 2012 | C. Custer
Report: Sony in touch with Chinese company to bring PS4 to China... January 14, 2014 | C. Custer
Gamified Politics: Both Jakarta Governor Candidates Now Have Own Online Games... September 12, 2012 | Karlina Octaviany
Games Still Going Strong, VNG Reports Over $90 million In Revenue For 2012... March 15, 2013 | Anh-Minh Do
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Official game for Disney’s Big Hero 6 is another match-3 puzzle RPG | Horizon Asia on How we think Gree’s Batman & the Flash: Hero Run hit 2 million downloads in 20 days
- 8 indie horror games from around Asia to help you spend Halloween alone and afraid | Horizon Asia on Tokyo Game Show proved developers are taking horror seriously again
- 8 indie horror games from around Asia to help you spend Halloween alone and afraid | Horizon Asia on DreadOut review: I’m terrified of Indonesia now
- Zombie beat ‘em up Devil’s Dare gets Halloween update | Horizon Asia on Here are some alarming facts that suggest Kickstarter game campaigns are running out of steam
- Gaming events in Asia are always more for the fans | Horizon Asia on Pokemon X & Y launch draws hundreds in Singapore (PICS)
- Indie game dev is tough whether you’re funded or not | Horizon Asia on Velocibox review: are you hardcore enough to take on this endless runner?
- 7 Tipos de Solo Mid (ruins) que você encontrará em Dota 2 | Midiálogo on 7 kinds of solo mid players you will encounter as a teammate in Dota 2
- The Secret to Successful eSports: Community - TechRaptor on The rise and fall of Mark Kern: how one man may have doomed Firefall and The9 (UPDATED)
- From Singapore to Taiwan, Gamevil is trying to lock down East Asia with another new branch | Horizon Asia on Gamevil expands its reach in Southeast Asia with new branch office
- Freedom Wars is more than just a game, and this helps players relate to it | Horizon Asia on Take down space T-Rexes in the upcoming Phantasy Star Nova hunting game