GREE Quarterly Financials Dip Once Again, But Company Foresees Recovery Trend
These results are not far off from an article published earlier in the month from The Nikkei  which reported as much. A GREE representative tells us this morning that the company’s sales have increased in both August and September, and that they are confident that there is a trend towards a recovery.
The company’s labor cost has been rising of late, due to its ever-expanding global operations, and there are also effects from global games that fell behind schedule. I understand that GREE plans to continue its already aggressive marketing in order to reach its goals.
Yesterday the company also announced a partnership with SingTel for mobile games in Singapore, as well as an initiative to expand its HTML5 compatibility for the GREE platform. Regarding this latter point, our friend Serkan Toto has an interesting take on why this could be the wrong approach. Go check it out. I’m not a developer, so I’m not really sure if this is the wrong approach or not. My guess would be that eliminating any obstacles between them and the user’s money would be a plus.
PlayStation Vita gets Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment in 2014... October 8, 2013 | Xairylle
Ragnarok: War of Gods takes the battle to Android... September 20, 2013 | Xairylle
Namco Bandai will now be known as Bandai Namco... January 27, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Line: We’ve Added 5 Million New Users in India Since Rolling Out TV Ads... July 24, 2013 | Steven Millward
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red Review | Luigi Blog on One Piece: Unlimited World Red review: explore the One Piece universe like never before
- Danbo on Is Korea boycotting the worlds? A fan reaction to the League of Legends S4 World Championship
- Influent, Game of Language Learning - Gamers Sphere on Influent review: learn a language by crashing planes
- Trung Quốc sẽ thay đổi ngành game thế giới ra sao? - Game Gowin Online on How China will make gaming better for everyone
- Report: Kickstarter game campaigns are running out of steam on Digital Knights studio not giving up despite failed Sienna Storm Kickstarter
- GameStart 2014 promises to be Singapore's best gaming con on Meet Kinetiquettes, the Asian indie studio making high-end collectible Street Fighter figurines
- The Sims 4 Review - A Return To Its Roots on 5 things that make a life sim game sink or swim
- Report: Kickstarter game campaigns are running out of steam on Final Fantasy Tactics creator is asking for your help
- The Sims 4 Review - A Return To Its Roots on Stop hating The Sims 4 and admit it: the game nails what counts
- GameStart 2014 promises to be Singapore's best gaming con on Southeast Asia, could this be your Tokyo Game Show?