Japan’s GREE Announces Plans For Five Overseas Subsidiaries
We’ve written a lot about the recent overseas activities of notable Japanese companies. Just a couple of weeks back we told you about gaming behemoth DeNA who extended its global presence this summer by setting up subsidiaries in Korea, Singapore, and Sweden. Now there’s news that the competitor GREE is making similar moves, announcing that it will establish subsidiaries in Korea and Singapore too, as well as in the UK, the Netherlands, and Brazil.
The company stated in its release that these new operations “will help to accelerate GREE’s plan to expand its global footprint.” They will also facilitate collaboration with local game developers in each region. GREE Korea, Singapore, and UK are to be established in October, with Netherlands and Brazil to follow in early 2012. Here are the details of the subsidiaries according to its statement:
|Trade name||Headquarters||Planned date of establishment|
|GREE Korea, Inc.||Seoul, Korea||October 2011|
|GREE Singapore, Pte. Inc.||Singapore||October 2011|
|GREE UK, Ltd.||London, England||October 2011|
|GREE Netherlands, Inc.||Amsterdam, Netherlands||January 2012|
|GREE Brazil, Inc.||Sao Paolo||February 2012|
In addition to these, GREE already has its US subsidiary, GREE International, which was set up in back in January, and there are plans for GREE Beijing as well. We’ve reached out to the company for more information and will update if we hear anything further.
GREE Officially Releases NFL Shuffle, Still Not Ready For Prime Time [Update: No... January 24, 2013 | Rick Martin
Shanda will bring Korean anime action game Soulworker to China... March 26, 2014 | C. Custer
How Popcap Games adapted Plants Vs Zombies with resounding success in China... August 2, 2013 | Cheng Kun
Top hero picks by Asian teams in the DOTA 2 TI3 Championships... August 7, 2013 | Xairylle
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- sue on 17 famous games you didn’t know were made (or partially made) in Singapore (UPDATED!)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft portado a Android por un fan vietnamita | Android adictos (abreviado) .com on One Vietnamese gamer has brought Hearthstone to Android
- Will Razer Adaro Girls mascots succeed in promoting the Adaro headphone line? on Razer CEO reveals secret to his company’s success: hyper-focus
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game Gowin Online on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- DirexPlay Lab's Sok & Sao's Adventure shows how local culture works in a game on Your local culture is awesome, but it doesn’t need to be in every game.
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game vFarm on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game iWin on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game - Game MyFish - Thiên Đường Cá on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- 8 lợi ích cho sức khỏe khi chơi game | Tin Game on 8 ways video games are good for your health
- Nacho on My China console gaming nightmare