It’s Vampire Season for GREE, as its Latin American Invasion Continues
Yesterday Japanese mobile gaming giant GREE (TYO:3632) announced a partnership with Brazilian game developer Vostu, the leading social games company in Latin America. And now just a day later, GREE has announced another tie-up in the region, which will bring Vampire Season – Monster Defense to its GREE platform.
The title is developed by Brainz, which is part of Columbia-based ZIO, one of the top 3D animation and media studios on the continent.
According to the announcement, the company worked closely with GREE recently to improve the game, rebuild levels, and introduce currencies in the game. Vampire Season – Monster Defense is a tower defense game where players assume the responsibility of protecting Count Dracula from an onslaught of
bad good guys. The 3D graphics look pretty sharp, and I’m looking forward to checking this one out.
The game is available for iOS currently, and it will be coming over to the GREE platform in the next few weeks, along with an Android version as well. For a preview of how it looks, check out the trailer below.
For GREE, this partnership marks the second step in its explorations in Latin America, after it established a subsidiary in São Paulo, Brazil earlier in the year to facilitate such activity.
Lightning Returns: Lightning is having an identity crisis... December 18, 2013 | Christopher Allison
Singapore fans can soon snag an exclusive Hatsune Miku -Project Diva- F 2nd cont... March 21, 2014 | Xairylle
How Chinese Game Devs Can Localize Their Gaming Apps for Global Success... November 4, 2011 | Steven Millward
Attack on Titan Howl of Freedom review: remember the titans?... February 10, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Fortumo on how to monetize in emerging markets like India on Mobile game revenue in Asia is almost two and a half times of that of America (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Fggii on The post-TI4 Chinese Dota 2 shuffle: here are the rosters for iG, VG, Newbee, and LGD—DK looking for new players
- Manong Bangi L on Would you like a Techies arcana cosmetic, announcer pack, and HUD skin?
- 4 ways China’s Netease Allstars MOBA wants to break traditions on Strife has a plan to beat LoL and Dota 2—and it might just work
- Lourence Jacaba on DDOS cheating tools hurting China’s League of Legends servers
- Zoi on Singapore and Malaysia Kingdom Under Fire II server will enter closed beta in May
- Qihoo 360 and Goodgames studios announce partnership on Clash of Clans is a big hit in China despite an in-app payment disaster
- Mushi’s G-1 challenge: is this going to be his next team? on The post-TI4 Chinese Dota 2 shuffle: here are the rosters for iG, VG, Newbee, and LGD—DK looking for new players
- Raniel Ame Sales on Would you like a Techies arcana cosmetic, announcer pack, and HUD skin?
- Humbert Brant Unay on The post-TI4 Chinese Dota 2 shuffle: here are the rosters for iG, VG, Newbee, and LGD—DK looking for new players