Lexulous Launches On Ibibo, Get Ready to Cheat With a Dictionary
India’s largest online social gaming site, Ibibo, today has another attraction for its users – the popular word game Lexulous. Since the Scrabble-like social game was created by two Kolkata-based Agarwalla brothers – Rajat and Jayant – this is a homecoming of sorts, after success for the game dev duo with Lexulous apps for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and more.
And so Lexulous is now back in the desktop browser and available to play for free for users of the site, who can challenge up to four friends to a game in the manner of the Zynga (NASDAQ:ZNGA) game Words With Friends.
In a press release fired out for the occasion, the president of Ibibo.com, Rahul Razdan, said:
We are excited with the launch of Lexulous on the ibibo OPEN platform. This is a great example of gaming IP created by an Indian company being launched on India’s biggest online gaming platform. We are confident that Lexulous will be a super hit amongst online gamers in India.
Ibibo has more than just games: it encompasses a number of e-commerce ventures as well, such as Goibibo, an online payment platform, and its B2C online mall Tradus. The entire Group started up in 2007. This makes the company one of India’s top e-commerce sites, though not on a par with the country’s favourite, Flipkart, in terms of online retail sales.
China’s social media and social gaming giant Tencent (HKG:0700) has a stake in Ibibo, and its influence is felt in its gaming portal as well as on its mobile web browser. Spot the cutesy penguin character/logo for proof.
Is Gaming in China Getting Too Expensive?... February 6, 2013 | C. Custer
Caomei apologizes to fans for his recent poor performances... June 3, 2014 | C. Custer
Asian Game Devs, I’m Begging You: No More Three Kingdoms... February 17, 2012 | C. Custer
Chinese Virus Architects Set Up a Gambling Site, Get Caught, Now Heading Back to... June 17, 2013 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Paulo John D. Fernandez on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel preview: less gravity, more loot
- Mike on This Dota 2 player activity video shows why the SEA servers are stressed
- What has happened to the Pinoy Dota culture in recent years? on Pinoy caster Tryke draws the line with #ThinkBeforeYouType
- Dee on What Pinoys really are saying when you play Dota 2 with them
- Old scores are settled as China vs. Japan face-off in Hearthstone on The China vs. Korea Masters: who are the best Hearthstone players in Asia?
- Why Globe's digital carrier billing needs more marketing push on Cherry Mobile Pinoy Appshop, home of 100 percent Pinoy-made games
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel preview: less gravity, more loot on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel comes to Asia with guns blazing in October
- Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore to compete in Dragon Nest World Championship Southeast Asia qualifier on Dragon Nest hits the big screen with Dragon Nest: Warrior’s Dawn
- What has happened to the Pinoy Dota culture in recent years? on The Facebook video of a kid trash talking is not okay
- What has happened to the Pinoy Dota culture in recent years? on What Pinoys really are saying when you play Dota 2 with them