Lexulous Launches On Ibibo, Get Ready to Cheat With a Dictionary
India’s largest online social gaming site, Ibibo, today has another attraction for its users – the popular word game Lexulous. Since the Scrabble-like social game was created by two Kolkata-based Agarwalla brothers – Rajat and Jayant – this is a homecoming of sorts, after success for the game dev duo with Lexulous apps for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and more.
And so Lexulous is now back in the desktop browser and available to play for free for users of the site, who can challenge up to four friends to a game in the manner of the Zynga (NASDAQ:ZNGA) game Words With Friends.
In a press release fired out for the occasion, the president of Ibibo.com, Rahul Razdan, said:
We are excited with the launch of Lexulous on the ibibo OPEN platform. This is a great example of gaming IP created by an Indian company being launched on India’s biggest online gaming platform. We are confident that Lexulous will be a super hit amongst online gamers in India.
Ibibo has more than just games: it encompasses a number of e-commerce ventures as well, such as Goibibo, an online payment platform, and its B2C online mall Tradus. The entire Group started up in 2007. This makes the company one of India’s top e-commerce sites, though not on a par with the country’s favourite, Flipkart, in terms of online retail sales.
China’s social media and social gaming giant Tencent (HKG:0700) has a stake in Ibibo, and its influence is felt in its gaming portal as well as on its mobile web browser. Spot the cutesy penguin character/logo for proof.
Niko Partners: Revenue for Chinese Browser-Based Games Will Grow 41% This Year... August 8, 2012 | C. Custer
Game On: KakaoTalk Brings Social Gaming Platform to Indonesia and Vietnam... May 2, 2013 | Steven Millward
A Decade of Game Console Sales in Japan [CHART]... April 30, 2012 | Rick Martin
Tencent becomes exclusive China publisher for Candy Crush Saga... April 17, 2014 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- China Targets Microsoft in Possible Monopoly Probe - China Digital Times (CDT) on Rumors say the Xbox One will cost $650 in China, and the internet explodes
- China Targets Microsoft in Possible Monopoly Probe - China Digital Times (CDT) on Report: Xbox One could cost $800 in China at launch
- MithunOnThe.Net on The death of Trine: a cautionary tale about game development in India
- Efraim Manesseh Tec Cetra on Rumor: Ferrari_430 to join Team DK…but who is he replacing?
- Whatever happened to Trine Games? | Gaming Box on The death of Trine: a cautionary tale about game development in India