Indonesian Game Dev Gets Unexpected Props from Korean Star PSY
Korean artist PSY, who just recently hit the one billion mark for his Gangnam Style video on YouTube, is using an Indonesian-made avatar for his Twitter account. The avatar comes from an Indonesian game app called Icon Pop Quiz.
Icon Pop Quiz’s gameplay is similar to the famous Logo Quiz Game, in which users have to guess the correct answers from the given pictures, but rather than guessing for brand names, the topic is famous shows and characters. The game was developed by Indonesian developer Alegrium, and the particular avatar that PSY uses was designed by the developer.
— Icon Pop Quiz (@IconPopQuiz) December 25, 2012
The Icon Pop Quiz game has been a hit in several countries. According to AppAnnie, the game hit the second spot in the games category and eighth in the overall category in Indonesia’s free iPhone app rankings six days ago. In Singapore, it was ranked ninth and 20th in the same categories. At the moment, Icon Pop Quiz is still ranked first in Word and Trivia categories in both countries.
Anime Pirates Game Lets You be Part of Popular Manga ‘One Piece’ World... March 22, 2013 | Enricko Lukman
Game Publisher Qeon Interactive Acquires Bouncity... July 16, 2012 | Joshua Kevin
Celestian Tales: An Indonesian Retro RPG Game Comes To Kickstarter... July 10, 2013 | Enricko Lukman
Blade & Soul art director Kim Hyung Tae leaves NCSoft... January 10, 2014 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Thailand’s Mseed shares the pros and cons of game accelerators on Candy Crush developer acquires Singapore’s Nonstop Games for $6M cash, employees get $10M
- Thailand’s Mseed shares the pros and cons of game accelerators on More gaming startups need to work together. Malaysia’s 1337 Accelerator is why.
- Keit on Strife open beta available now globally (and you’ll never guess the new feature it includes)
- The Crew preview: cross-country motor mayhem on Gran Turismo 6 review: is it better than actually driving your car?
- All you needed to know about The Sims 4 and Asia: an interview with producer Graham Nardone on 5 things that make a life sim game sink or swim
- yzeng on Why aren’t Chinese games popular abroad?
- Krirkkiat on Gamerfunder brings the stock market to Dota 2
- Daniel Yankin on What Twitch’s $970 million acquisition by Amazon could mean for Asia
- Gamerfunder: the first Dota 2 stock market on Strife open beta available now globally (and you’ll never guess the new feature it includes)
- Renz Villanera on No Netflix, no problem. Xbox One will have Starhub TV streaming app in Singapore