Indonesian Game Dev Gets Unexpected Props from Korean Star PSY
Korean artist PSY, who just recently hit the one billion mark for his Gangnam Style video on YouTube, is using an Indonesian-made avatar for his Twitter account. The avatar comes from an Indonesian game app called Icon Pop Quiz.
Icon Pop Quiz’s gameplay is similar to the famous Logo Quiz Game, in which users have to guess the correct answers from the given pictures, but rather than guessing for brand names, the topic is famous shows and characters. The game was developed by Indonesian developer Alegrium, and the particular avatar that PSY uses was designed by the developer.
— Icon Pop Quiz (@IconPopQuiz) December 25, 2012
The Icon Pop Quiz game has been a hit in several countries. According to AppAnnie, the game hit the second spot in the games category and eighth in the overall category in Indonesia’s free iPhone app rankings six days ago. In Singapore, it was ranked ninth and 20th in the same categories. At the moment, Icon Pop Quiz is still ranked first in Word and Trivia categories in both countries.
South East Asia Major heats up: timings, schedules, more players!... June 17, 2014 | Mary-Anne Lee
From Messaging to Games: KakaoTalk Starts Game Center for Korea... July 31, 2012 | Rick Martin
Gamified Politics: Both Jakarta Governor Candidates Now Have Own Online Games... September 12, 2012 | Karlina Octaviany
Prepare to fight: Capcom Pro Tour Asia kicks off August 9... July 23, 2014 | Jing Zhang
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- League of Legends PUB STAR | Geek Ireland on Japan, Korea, and China face off in a new League of Legends Asian sub-league this December
- Destiny review: fabulously flawed on Destiny day one impressions: some good, some bad, some ugly
- Alex on MOBA mashup: who would win, LoL’s Ashe or Dota 2′s Drow Ranger?
- Kuroneko on Steam finally adds the Philippine Peso to supported currencies
- Jayson on Sony pre-TGS conference: how Playstation will win the heart of Asia
- Leon LiEn on Sony pre-TGS conference: how Playstation will win the heart of Asia
- Level 5 tops by developer sales charts for Japan in August on Smash Bros. for 3DS is killing it in Japan
- 60Hz on Sony pre-TGS conference: how Playstation will win the heart of Asia
- The Playstation brand strategy for Asia, according to Sony on Southeast Asia, could this be your Tokyo Game Show?
- Vietnam’s first mobile TPS gets new name, official release lands on foreign shores soon on Ghost Recon Phantoms review: a true tactical shooter