Indonesian Game Dev Gets Unexpected Props from Korean Star PSY
Korean artist PSY, who just recently hit the one billion mark for his Gangnam Style video on YouTube, is using an Indonesian-made avatar for his Twitter account. The avatar comes from an Indonesian game app called Icon Pop Quiz.
Icon Pop Quiz’s gameplay is similar to the famous Logo Quiz Game, in which users have to guess the correct answers from the given pictures, but rather than guessing for brand names, the topic is famous shows and characters. The game was developed by Indonesian developer Alegrium, and the particular avatar that PSY uses was designed by the developer.
— Icon Pop Quiz (@IconPopQuiz) December 25, 2012
The Icon Pop Quiz game has been a hit in several countries. According to AppAnnie, the game hit the second spot in the games category and eighth in the overall category in Indonesia’s free iPhone app rankings six days ago. In Singapore, it was ranked ninth and 20th in the same categories. At the moment, Icon Pop Quiz is still ranked first in Word and Trivia categories in both countries.
Razer to host Capcom Asia Cup Finals October 3, 2013 | Lester Wong
Blade & Soul expansion coming to Korean servers; check out the trailer!... January 9, 2014 | C. Custer
JoJo’s a gogo! English edition of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle ... February 27, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Tencent’s “new” fighting game is just actually another old Kor... April 17, 2014 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Ustanak (21. oktobar – crtica) | Beograd202 on Invest in smart TV games, eSports, and robotics for the future, says Kongzhong founder Nick Yang
- Why you (yes, you) should care about eSports right now | Horizon Asia on Retired Chinese LOL pro Misaya is making a fortune online
- Factors Driving Our $3.67 Price Estimate Of Renren | on China’s game market took in $13 billion in 2013, PC games generate way more than mobile
- 320,000 people just watched an esports star get married - buzzcarl on The top 8 moments from Dota 2’s The International 2014
- House of Heroes - Card Game Yang Meniru Karakter DoTA on Garena publishes its first English-language mobile game, and rips off Blizzard
- Razer reportedly closed a funding round from Intel that values the company at $1 billion | Horizon Asia on For the first time, Razer is relying on anime girl mascots to sell products. Here’s why.
- Garena’s House of Heroes mobile game rips off Blizzard on Asiasoft’s new English mobile game rips off Blizzard IP
- Steam: Kalahkan Pembajakan di Indonesia? | TEKNOMODO on Report: Steam is finally coming to China next year
- Alex Cruder on Digital Knights studio not giving up despite failed Sienna Storm Kickstarter
- Bandai Namco Opens New Studio in Malaysia on Bandai Namco Games announces opening of new KL office