Japan’s Social Gaming Market [Infographic]
It has been interesting for us to follow the growth of Japan’s social gaming market, particularly the bigger players like GREE and DeNA as they try to translate their domestic successes abroad. One of the most insightful voices about this space is Serkan Toto, who we tend to reference more than a few times here on Tech In Asia.
Serkan just sent us a long a wonderful graphical overview of Japan’s social gaming space, created by Tokyo-based designer Francesco Romano. Appropriately, it’s designed with a fun game motif, which I thought was rather clever. In terms of financials, some of the numbers here are pretty astronomical. Serkan points out that this is ‘almost entirely’ from Japanese users.
If you’re interested in keeping tabs on the social gaming in Japan, do follow Serkan on his blog where he often writes about the latest development in that space. He recently posted a short discussion on the possibility of regulation coming to the industry.
Gaming madness in China: 15-year-old gamer stabs mother to death, keeps playing... September 20, 2013 | C. Custer
Chinese Gaming Studio Coconut Island Partners with DeNA China... March 20, 2012 | Rick Martin
The Rise and Fall of China’s First Hit Social Game (The One Zynga Ripped O... December 28, 2012 | Steven Millward
Noda vs Abe: Japanese PM Candidates Face off in Fun Web Game... December 11, 2012 | Rick Martin
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- The 5 Warcraft 3 custom maps that need to be in Dota 2 on MOBA Madness: a blast to the Warcraft III Dota maps past (VIDEOS)
- Jaret Nikolai on Japan, Korea, and China face off in a new League of Legends Asian sub-league this December
- Ivan Manaloto on Paging Dr. Mundo: Chinese LoL player slashes friend’s head with a cleaver over bad games
- Blghrg on Weekend time waster: this is what happens when a League of Legends player tries Dota 2
- Kea Huehuehue on Paging Dr. Mundo: Chinese LoL player slashes friend’s head with a cleaver over bad games
- sam on Korean Dota 2 teams are weak and only have high APM, says China
- jhay on Animoca launches mobile MMORPG Ragnarok: War of Gods, currently 2nd top grossing game on Google Play
- Garis Gemilang on Paging Dr. Mundo: Chinese LoL player slashes friend’s head with a cleaver over bad games
- Consoles no longer be banned in China, but troubles are still ahead on Xbox One coming to China this September
- Consoles no longer be banned in China, but troubles are still ahead on Cultural differences: how China’s games console ban has affected its gaming culture