Serkan Toto Demystifies Japanese Social Gaming
When discussing technology in Japan, there is perhaps no ‘bridge blogger’ as prolific as Serkan Toto, who in addition to blogging over on TechCrunch, has his own very informative blog devoted to the Japanese web, with a focus on mobile and social gaming.
Serkan brings a lot of news about mobile and social gaming in Japan across the language barrier, and we were pleased today when he alerted us to a new presentation that he’s put together on the country’s social gaming market. We’ve tried our best to highlight what companies like GREE (TYO:3632)  and DeNA (TYO:2432) — and today Gumi — are doing in Japan and abroad, and Serkan’s slideshow is certainly a good overview of what’s happening in that scene.
Among the most notable points that he touches on here are the special genres of games that are popular in Japan as opposed to elsewhere, as well as the ‘internationalization’ of both GREE and DeNA, which we’ve tried to cover as well. To stay up to date on Serkan’s work in the future, you can follow him on Twitter at @serkantoto.
For more on GREE, check out our interview with senior vice president of media business development, Taisei Yoshida, or explore our recent GREE infographic. We have one in the works for DeNA as well, so stayed tuned for that! ↩
No Gamer is an Island: Dollar Isle Unites Players Across Platforms... February 24, 2012 | Rick Martin
Agate Studio Launches Bubble Puzzle Game Blob Blob Battle... April 24, 2012 | Joshua Kevin
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z’s teaser site just got a massive update... March 5, 2014 | Christopher Allison
It’s Vampire Season for GREE, as its Latin American Invasion Continues... November 30, 2012 | Rick Martin
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Baltazar Mendiola on Branded breasts used to boost game sales in Vietnam
- Branded breasts used to boost game sales in Vietnam on Behind the scenes secrets with the ChinaJoy booth babes
- The Playstation brand strategy for Asia, according to Sony on Phantasy Star Online 2 preview: the galactic pretty boy adventure
- Irven Kyle Pilones on If you’ve hated mobile RPGs, Cross Summoner could change your mind
- Mille Paner on If you’ve hated mobile RPGs, Cross Summoner could change your mind
- Apung Jokay on China’s craziest WOW player has 247 level-90 accounts, and there’s more…
- Jayvee Garbonera on China’s craziest WOW player has 247 level-90 accounts, and there’s more…
- Vladimir on Branded breasts used to boost game sales in Vietnam
- Mgmg Myint on Branded breasts used to boost game sales in Vietnam
- John Tolentino on Branded breasts used to boost game sales in Vietnam