Social Games and Gaming Trends in Japan (Slideshare Presentation)
When Dr. Serkan Toto says something about Japan’s social gaming scene, we tend to listen, because he’s an expert with years of experience tracking the industry. If you’re interested in social gaming in Japan, you should be listening too, but just in case you’re not or in case you’re looking for a great, all-encompassing overview of Japanese social gaming’s status quo as well as some analysis of what’s trending and where (literally and figuratively) Japanese social games are going, we felt the need to share the deck of slides he posted to his blog yesterday. It’s very enlightening, and since it comes from a presentation given to investors, it doesn’t even require any specialized knowledge of the gaming industry.
You can check out more of Dr. Serkan Toto’s slideshare presentations here, or check out his blog here if you’re not reading it already. Or you can read some of his posts or posts about him right here on Tech in Asia. Also relevant if you’re interested in Japan’s social gaming scene is our own Rick Martin’s excellent and very thorough review of Japan’s mobile social gaming in 2012.
Games Back in South Korea’s Android Market... November 29, 2011 | C. Custer
DeNA’s operating profits down 42% this past quarter... February 5, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Line’s Run Run Hero review: Why being linear isn’t all that bad... December 9, 2013 | Christopher Allison
Razer to host Capcom Asia Cup Finals October 3, 2013 | Lester Wong
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Playing in the World of Tanks WGL APAC Season 2 could win you $60,000 on Korea’s ARETE is your WGL APAC Season 1 champion, walks away $60,000 richer (updated with photos)
- asdf on Rumors say the Xbox One will cost $650 in China, and the internet explodes
- dox on Rumors say the Xbox One will cost $650 in China, and the internet explodes
- Akrias on Heroes of the Storm debuts at ChinaJoy, plus reveal of new hero: Chen Stormstout
- Victor on Taking a fan to a gun fight: the 5 worst weapons in Asian gaming