Social Games and Gaming Trends in Japan (Slideshare Presentation)
When Dr. Serkan Toto says something about Japan’s social gaming scene, we tend to listen, because he’s an expert with years of experience tracking the industry. If you’re interested in social gaming in Japan, you should be listening too, but just in case you’re not or in case you’re looking for a great, all-encompassing overview of Japanese social gaming’s status quo as well as some analysis of what’s trending and where (literally and figuratively) Japanese social games are going, we felt the need to share the deck of slides he posted to his blog yesterday. It’s very enlightening, and since it comes from a presentation given to investors, it doesn’t even require any specialized knowledge of the gaming industry.
You can check out more of Dr. Serkan Toto’s slideshare presentations here, or check out his blog here if you’re not reading it already. Or you can read some of his posts or posts about him right here on Tech in Asia. Also relevant if you’re interested in Japan’s social gaming scene is our own Rick Martin’s excellent and very thorough review of Japan’s mobile social gaming in 2012.
Even more Final Fantasy Piano Opera coming your way... February 27, 2014 | Christopher Allison
Japanese browser games for the perverted (NSFW)... May 16, 2014 | Kuanyi Twang
This video is why we need to educate Filipinos about video games... March 28, 2014 | Xairylle
Why Tencent (Probably) Isn’t Buying Activision Blizzard... July 9, 2012 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Level 5 tops by developer sales charts for Japan in August on Smash Bros. for 3DS is killing it in Japan
- 60Hz on Sony pre-TGS conference: how Playstation will win the heart of Asia
- The Playstation brand strategy for Asia, according to Sony on Southeast Asia, could this be your Tokyo Game Show?
- Vietnam’s first mobile TPS gets new name, official release lands on foreign shores soon on Ghost Recon Phantoms review: a true tactical shooter
- Could Gamestart be Southeast Asia's Tokyo Game Show equivalent? on Awesome costumes: that League of Legends pool party cosplay photo
- Hero on New Korean TV drama “Blade Man” is set in the video game industry
- Is gaming addiction the result of too few places to play real-life sports? on Parents: THIS is how you deal with your child playing too many video games
- Aris Alfons Arguelles Atienza on New Korean TV drama “Blade Man” is set in the video game industry
- Pegasus on China creates a breast-size ranking for all 39 female League of Legends champions
- Dbz fighter on How Southeast Asian teams are preparing for Worlds: interviews on the eve of LOL’s biggest tournament