Social Games and Gaming Trends in Japan (Slideshare Presentation)
When Dr. Serkan Toto says something about Japan’s social gaming scene, we tend to listen, because he’s an expert with years of experience tracking the industry. If you’re interested in social gaming in Japan, you should be listening too, but just in case you’re not or in case you’re looking for a great, all-encompassing overview of Japanese social gaming’s status quo as well as some analysis of what’s trending and where (literally and figuratively) Japanese social games are going, we felt the need to share the deck of slides he posted to his blog yesterday. It’s very enlightening, and since it comes from a presentation given to investors, it doesn’t even require any specialized knowledge of the gaming industry.
You can check out more of Dr. Serkan Toto’s slideshare presentations here, or check out his blog here if you’re not reading it already. Or you can read some of his posts or posts about him right here on Tech in Asia. Also relevant if you’re interested in Japan’s social gaming scene is our own Rick Martin’s excellent and very thorough review of Japan’s mobile social gaming in 2012.
3 Gaming Studios Come Together to Launch a Very Quirky New iOS Game... July 18, 2013 | Enricko Lukman
Asia-based World of Tanks players can soon have a cute anime girl talking to the... March 28, 2014 | Mary-Anne Lee
EA Japan Shows First Trailer For Tetris Monsters, Due To Hit iOS This Summer (VI... August 6, 2013 | Dr. Serkan Toto
Nexon IPO Coming on December 6, Expected to Raise $1.28 Billion [REPORT]... November 24, 2011 | Rick Martin
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- yzeng on Why aren’t Chinese games popular abroad?
- Krirkkiat on Gamerfunder brings the stock market to Dota 2
- Daniel Yankin on What Twitch’s $970 million acquisition by Amazon could mean for Asia
- Gamerfunder: the first Dota 2 stock market on Strife open beta available now globally (and you’ll never guess the new feature it includes)
- Renz Villanera on No Netflix, no problem. Xbox One will have Starhub TV streaming app in Singapore
- Renz Villanera on Two lucky World of Tanks players will be sent to PAX Australia
- Cricket Match review: Tiny Mogul made Candy Crush for cricket fans on 5 reasons why Line’s Disney Tsum Tsum is going to consume your life
- Two lucky World of Tanks players will be sent to PAX Australia on Razer adds Kraken Pro headset to its World of Tanks product line
- JL on Discussion: what’s your favorite RPG?
- Cricket Match review: Tiny Mogul made Candy Crush for cricket fans on Juice Cubes: a well-made Candy Crush clone