What’s big in Japan: sales are in a slump?
The previous week’s sales were grim, but this last week’s were just plain awful. Nearly every single game on last week’s sales list went down in numbers yet either stayed on the chart or even rose in rank. What’s worse is that not a single PS4 game made it to the top ten.
The only bright spot on last week’s sales chart is that Dark Souls II sold over 250,000 copies in its first few days. Seeing how the original Dark Souls only sold a mere 40,000 in its opening week in 2009, this is an impressive improvement.
Although this weeks sales may have been down, next week’s will surely be incredible. With games like Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and J-Stars Victory Vs out today, I imagine next week’s list will be completely different.
For the previous week’s sales:
What’s Big in Japan: certainly not last week’s sales
Last week's sales may not have been very high in Japan, but the you will never guess what games made it onto the week's top ten.
Star Horn Royal Club partners with Japanese eSports club Detonation FM... June 23, 2014 | C. Custer
New Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire trailer: Hoenn has never looked so exciti... September 4, 2014 | Franz Co
Capcom’s Brings Social Games to Android Platform, Starting Right Smurfin... September 28, 2011 | Rick Martin
GREE’s Monster Quest is Number 1 Free Game in US... October 23, 2012 | Rick Martin
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Gamestart Asia convention wants to kickstart Southeast Asia’s gaming industry | Horizon Asia on Which is the top spending Asian country on games for 2014? (Oct 2014)
- Word Shift: Spelling Bee Game Apk v2.5.5 Free Download - WooAPK on The best of Asian mobile gaming: July 11 to July 18
- Ustanak (21. oktobar – crtica) | Beograd202 on Invest in smart TV games, eSports, and robotics for the future, says Kongzhong founder Nick Yang
- Why you (yes, you) should care about eSports right now | Horizon Asia on Retired Chinese LOL pro Misaya is making a fortune online
- Factors Driving Our $3.67 Price Estimate Of Renren | on China’s game market took in $13 billion in 2013, PC games generate way more than mobile
- 320,000 people just watched an esports star get married - buzzcarl on The top 8 moments from Dota 2’s The International 2014
- House of Heroes - Card Game Yang Meniru Karakter DoTA on Garena publishes its first English-language mobile game, and rips off Blizzard
- Razer reportedly closed a funding round from Intel that values the company at $1 billion | Horizon Asia on For the first time, Razer is relying on anime girl mascots to sell products. Here’s why.
- Garena’s House of Heroes mobile game rips off Blizzard on Asiasoft’s new English mobile game rips off Blizzard IP
- Steam: Kalahkan Pembajakan di Indonesia? | TEKNOMODO on Report: Steam is finally coming to China next year