What’s big in Japan: sales are in a slump?
The previous week’s sales were grim, but this last week’s were just plain awful. Nearly every single game on last week’s sales list went down in numbers yet either stayed on the chart or even rose in rank. What’s worse is that not a single PS4 game made it to the top ten.
The only bright spot on last week’s sales chart is that Dark Souls II sold over 250,000 copies in its first few days. Seeing how the original Dark Souls only sold a mere 40,000 in its opening week in 2009, this is an impressive improvement.
Although this weeks sales may have been down, next week’s will surely be incredible. With games like Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and J-Stars Victory Vs out today, I imagine next week’s list will be completely different.
For the previous week’s sales:
What’s Big in Japan: certainly not last week’s sales
Last week's sales may not have been very high in Japan, but the you will never guess what games made it onto the week's top ten.
Puzzle & Dragons Maker GungHo Reaches $15 Billion Market Cap, Now Worth Mor... May 13, 2013 | Dr. Serkan Toto
Escaping from Apple and Google, GREE Launches Push for Games in HTML5... November 14, 2012 | Willis Wee
Give Your iPad a Retro Gameboy Look August 2, 2011 | Rick Martin
Touchten’s Infinite Sky Set to Launch for Chinese and Japanese Markets... December 6, 2012 | Enricko Lukman
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- What has happened to the Pinoy Dota culture in recent years? on Pinoy caster Tryke draws the line with #ThinkBeforeYouType
- Dee on What Pinoys really are saying when you play Dota 2 with them
- Old scores are settled as China vs. Japan face-off in Hearthstone on The China vs. Korea Masters: who are the best Hearthstone players in Asia?
- Why Globe's digital carrier billing needs more marketing push on Cherry Mobile Pinoy Appshop, home of 100 percent Pinoy-made games
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel preview: less gravity, more loot on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel comes to Asia with guns blazing in October
- Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore to compete in Dragon Nest World Championship Southeast Asia qualifier on Dragon Nest hits the big screen with Dragon Nest: Warrior’s Dawn
- What has happened to the Pinoy Dota culture in recent years? on The Facebook video of a kid trash talking is not okay
- What has happened to the Pinoy Dota culture in recent years? on What Pinoys really are saying when you play Dota 2 with them
- Oh My Girl “Famale Power” | Well Played on Rumor: China’s OMG to establish team Oh My Girl, an all-female League of Legends team
- asfd on 12 signs you’ve been working in the games industry for too long