What’s big in Japan: sales are in a slump?
The previous week’s sales were grim, but this last week’s were just plain awful. Nearly every single game on last week’s sales list went down in numbers yet either stayed on the chart or even rose in rank. What’s worse is that not a single PS4 game made it to the top ten.
The only bright spot on last week’s sales chart is that Dark Souls II sold over 250,000 copies in its first few days. Seeing how the original Dark Souls only sold a mere 40,000 in its opening week in 2009, this is an impressive improvement.
Although this weeks sales may have been down, next week’s will surely be incredible. With games like Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and J-Stars Victory Vs out today, I imagine next week’s list will be completely different.
For the previous week’s sales:
What’s Big in Japan: certainly not last week’s sales
Last week's sales may not have been very high in Japan, but the you will never guess what games made it onto the week's top ten.
New Smartphone Gaming Venture: DeNA + Namco Bandai = BDNA... August 22, 2011 | Rick Martin
MPGL SEA heats up the competition with a new format and two new country qualifie... May 23, 2014 | Xairylle
9 Nintendo games from E3 that you need to be excited for... June 11, 2014 | Mary-Anne Lee
Check out the trailer for the Blade & Soul anime... March 13, 2014 | C. Custer
Free daily Games in Asia newsletter
Make sure you don't miss a story! Get the latest headlines from Games in Asia, delivered fresh to your inbox once a day.
Have tips and news? Email Us
- Indonesian horror gem DreadOut gets a bunch of updates, and a discount on DreadOut review: I’m terrified of Indonesia now
- Rapaz ataca o amigo com um machado depois de perder um jogo em League of Legends | on Paging Dr. Mundo: Chinese LoL player slashes friend’s head with a cleaver over bad games
- Photos of Chinese pro Starcraft 2 team ZOO's gaming house on Chinese pro Starcraft 2 team Zenith of Origin at risk of disbanding?
- Microsoft orders 5 million units for Xbox One's China launch on Consoles may no longer be banned in China, but there are still troubles ahead
- League of Legends: giocatore aggredisce il compagno di squadra con una mannaia | HDGaming on Paging Dr. Mundo: Chinese LoL player slashes friend’s head with a cleaver over bad games
- ;fldkal;sdk on Tales of Xillia 2 review: two years old and still awesome
- Tiande Chen on The 5 Warcraft 3 custom maps that need to be in Dota 2
- Leon LiEn on Xbox One to launch in Taiwan and China simultaneously, but guess where it’s cheaper!
- Un joven chino apuñala a su amigo por jugar mal | FailFlash on Paging Dr. Mundo: Chinese LoL player slashes friend’s head with a cleaver over bad games
- Game Over on MOBA noobness: is Dota 2 or League of Legends better for a new player?